6th - 9th July 2015
Would you like to know how the new generation of protein therapeutics are produced to save millions of lives from life-threatening illnesses such as cancer?
Sponsored by University College London (UCL), this course introduces you to the wide-reaching opportunities that can be had in this ever-changing sector and the impact you could have from studying biochemical engineering.
What will I be doing?
• Exploring the fascinating world of biochemical engineering through a series of hands-on workshops and demonstrations
• Tackling a team challenge to manufacture new generation biological therapies involving research, discussion and plenty of imagination
• Participating in a fermentation simulation challenge to test your knowledge and skills
in the subject
• Taking a tour inside the University’s unique bioprocessing lab and gaining an understanding of the processes involved in the mixing and fermentation of biomaterials
• Attending masterclasses on subjects like regenerative medicine bioprocessing
• Benefiting from the experience and guidance of experts in the field, who will provide valuable careers advice
• Improving skills in team building, communication, time management, problem solving, planning and presentations
• Enhancing your CV and making your UCAS application stand out
The Smallpeice Trust reserves the right to cancel or change any aspect of a course without notice.