Biomedical Engineering (Birmingham City University)
This exciting course explores the overarching principles of biomedical engineering. It will enable students to relate principles and dimensions of biomedical engineering and healthcare technology directly to day-to-day applications through the use of a practical learning environment and consideration of key cases. By completing this course, you will learn how you can make a difference and or innovate solutions to improve the lives of others through an evidence-based approach.
Book this course
You will explore the fundamental principles leading to advanced applications of ‘Biomedical Engineering’ during this short course. You will also learn about a number of key dimensions of such a diverse field of engineering which provides numerous, yet inclusive, opportunities for aspiring individuals. For example, during the interactive sessions, you may explore and appreciate the advancements in engineering/technology enabling you to practically explore the man-machine interface. Students will utilise an array of scientific/advanced technological equipment and engage in a range of interactive, practical and seminar based sessions in the discipline of biomedical engineering.
• Gaining a better insight of the how the health care technology market has developed over years and how the modern medicine relies upon to track vital signs and treat patients
• Attending laboratory demonstrations which look at the simulation and analysis of soft / hard tissue mechanisms within various human joints
• Taking part in masterclasses covering various biomedical engineering topics related to rehabilitation, fixing fractures, implants and medical sensors.
• Appraising the impact of the role of biomedical engineering solutions on the quality of life of patients
• Talking to prospective engineers, scientists and senior academics about the varied career paths you could take in biomedical engineering, what you could earn and what you could achieve.
• Using your soft, transferable and technical skills to reflect on the literature and come up with optimum biomedical engineering solution for a clinical problem
• Gaining an understanding of interdisciplinary role of the biomedical engineer
• Enhance your CV and make your UCAS application stand out
3 days, 2 night full board residential
Start time: 10.00 am
Finish time: 4.00 pm