RAF World of Engineering (Cosford)
There is no better way to experience the power of engineering than by seeing first hand how it solves real life problems. This course teams you with RAF and other engineers, who will guide you through every step of the process.
Sponsored and hosted by the Royal Air Force, this placement will be held at RAF Cosford base and is completely FREE and available to female students who are in Year 10 or who are aged 14/15 yrs at the time of the course.
(Girls and British nationals only)Book this course
The course will give you lots of opportunities to push yourself out of your comfort zone, to try new things that you didn’t think you were capable of and to work with people you might not have met before. By taking every one of these opportunities and trying your hardest throughout the course, you will discover something new about yourself and begin to develop the employability skills that are critical in adult life.
• Designing and building using a range of different materials.
• Learning the practical applications of the techniques and processes you will be using.
• Understanding the importance of budgets in developing designs and materials, allowing you to calculate the financial impact of your decisions.
• Working alongside real engineers drawing on their knowledge and putting your new skills into practise.
• Gaining valuable employment skills, working in a team, communication, time management, problem solving, planning and presentations.
• Working towards a British Science CREST Award and an Industrial Cadet Award, both of which are viewed favourably by universities in your personal statement and by employers in your CV.
5 days, 4 nights full board residential