We’re here to answer your questions, so feel free to get in touch if you want to know more about our Ignition or Momentum courses or work with us.
The Smallpeice Trust
Holly House, 74 Upper Holly Walk
Leamington Spa CV32 4JL
01926 333 200
Get in touch
Apply for Ignition & Momentum courses by filling in our online form. We’ll review your application as soon as we get it, and let you know if you’ve been accepted soon after. We’ll then seek permission from your parent/guardian and school for you to come along.
The sooner you apply, the higher your chance of getting on the course.
A copy of our Terms and Conditions can be found here.
See our current job vacancies here, or feel free to send us your CV.
Job title: Education Officer
Based at: 74 Upper Holly Walk, Leamington Spa, CV32 4JL
Reports to: Head of Operations
Working hours: Full time/Permanent
The Smallpeice Trust (incorporating Arkwright Engineering Scholarships) exists to provide STEM experiences that transform young peoples’ lives in the UK, and how they perceive STEM careers. We are looking to recruit an Education Officer with the passion to enable young people to have a positive perception of STEM careers and the role of STEM employers and employees to society. We are also looking for an inclusive colleague to enable all young people, irrespective of their background, to identify with a STEM careers as being available to them. The Trust needs naturally curious colleagues committed to delivering “best in class” STEM experiences.
• Lead and deliver the Trust’s STEM day programme in-schools in line with organisational quality standards.
• Lead and deliver the Trust’s Residential Course programme at universities in line with organisational quality standards.
• Ensure that the Trust collects collects the information required to report progress to relevant stakeholders in line with agreed deadlines.
• Support the development of on-going educational programmes including design, venues, content and business partnerships.
• Establish, maintain and develop relationships with Charitable Trusts, Institutions, Private Sector organisations, Public Sector bodies and universities.
• To support the success of the Operations Team (currently ten persons) and its targets.
• To represent the Trust UK wide and occasional European and international travel.
• Become a qualified first aider
• Carry out any other ad-hoc duties as required.
• Graduate, preferably with a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Maths degree and relevant experience within industry or education.
• Conscientious attitude to work with enthusiasm and eagerness to take on responsibility.
• Genuine passion for working with young people from schools representative of the UK
• Willingness and ability to travel including overnight stays and out of hours work where necessary. The STEM programme requirements would require travelling on average 2-4 days per week during the academic year with overnight stays depending on location. The Residential Course programme covers Easter, June, July and August where we require Education Officers to stay away for periods of up to five days at a time for each course. During this period, you can expect to deliver approximately six Residential Courses.
• Possess excellent communication and presentation skills
• Enhanced DBS check
• Full UK Driving Licence with use of own car.
• Ability to work remotely for sustained periods of time
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact email@example.com for further details.